Monday, June 20, 2011
blogging???
My experience with blogging you can say was short lived. I've known of blogs for a long time but didn't really get interested in them until I watched the movie Julie & Julia. The fact that people really like what she was writing made me really excited, and I thought people would really like what I had to say too!! So I found a blog site, made my account, was all ready to write and then noting came out. Ha, I tried again the next day, and still nothing interesting to write. And before I knew it I just stopped logging on to m blog, and eventually forgot all about it. So here I am today. I understand the ideas of blogs, and in all honestly I view blogs as online diaries that you can share with anyone interested in reading it. You can comment on media, politics, life, traveling, anything. One of the blogs I visited talked about interesting places to visit, their newest post was on China. And the pictures that were upload where beautiful. The only problems I find with blogs is keeping them updated, and finding things to write about. But other then that this website is really easy to use. Blogs in a sense is a type of distributed knowledge. And like we are using it in our class, we can also use in a future class we eventually teach. Students can use blogs to share information with other schoolmates. I think blogs can be however long you want them to be. I do like the fact however that you can add pictures!! That is super exciting :0) But I think its a fun idea to see the way different people think. Well thats pretty much all I have to say today! see ya soon followers, that is if I have any lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that adding pictures to your blog is great. Especially for Art educators, our field of study is primarily visual. I think it would be a great idea if an art class. As a class they could have field trips to museums and let the students photograph their work and place it on a class blog and discuss why they like it. It makes discussing art fun and interactive, and the younger generations can relate to internet communication, since they often use things like facebook and twitter.
ReplyDeleteWhat book are you reading? What does it say about how to teach reading and writing across the curriculum?
ReplyDeleteThat was funnier than heck, what you said about sitting down and getting ready to write...., but then nothing comes out. I'm the same way, I have all these thoughts ready to put down on paper but when the paper is in front of me....the words don't come. I suspect that we really DO know what to write but some inner mental mechanism (self-preservation?) keeps us from spilling our guts to the world.
ReplyDelete